Before you start deleting your Facebook Ads account, you have to take some preparatory steps.
This will make it possible to recover your account at any time in the future.
Here's how to delete an ad account on Facebook
Step 1: pay off debt
First, pay off all debts per business. To do this, go to Ads Manager. If there is an outstanding balance in your account, you will see a warning as below.
Please note that in some cases, even if the debt is small, the deactivation may be successful, but the funds will be loaded onto the attached card within two working days.
Step 2: Complete the promotion
Once the promotional account is deleted, all active campaigns will be automatically canceled. This will mean a waste of money spent due to the wrong budget allocation.
There are two possible solutions in this situation: turn off the display yourself in Ads Manager, or wait for all campaigns to finish before proceeding with the removal.
Deactivating an ad account on Facebook can only be done through the official website, this option is not available in the mobile app.
Here's how to deactivate an ad account on Facebook
- Go to the home page and click the inverted triangle in the top right corner.
- In the drop-down menu, click Manage Ads
- A new Ad Manager tab will open. Click on the three horizontal bars in the upper left corner to navigate to the section you are interested in.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to the item select Disable ad account. Click this button.
- Then select one of the proposed reasons or set your own in More and then click Disable ad account
Thus the discussion about how to delete an ad account on Facebook, hopefully it can help.