Salted eggs are suitable as a side dish for other dishes. In fact, with the nature of salted eggs that are durable and long-lasting, making them an alternative food that can be consumed anytime and anywhere.
How to make salted eggs is quite simple, even the necessary ingredients are easy to find. After preparing materials such as salt, rubbing ash, to bricks, you can easily apply the steps at home.
How to Make Salted Eggs with Salt Water
The first way to make salted eggs can be applied using salt water. This is of course very easy. You just need to prepare the ingredients and follow the steps as follows:
- 1 liter of water
- 12 duck eggs
- 1 jar that can be tightly closed
- 500 grams of salt
How to make salted eggs:
1. Soak eggs in water for 2 minutes. If any eggs float, throw them away. This indicates the eggs are not tasty.
2. Then, clean the eggs until clean. Be careful when cleaning so that the eggshells don't break or crack. After that, immediately dry the eggs.
3. Then sand the egg so that the egg pores are open and the salt is more easily absorbed.
4. Dissolve salt in water. Stir until completely dissolved. Put it in a jar that can be tightly closed.
5. Slowly add the eggs. Make sure the eggs are all submerged. Leave a distance of 2 cm from the surface.
6. Soak for 10-12 days. If you want a saltier taste, soak for a maximum of 42 days or 6 weeks. During the soaking process, keep it away from direct sunlight.
7. After the soaking process is complete. Boil eggs on low heat. Do not let the water boil so as not to damage the eggs. Boil for 1 hour.
8. Can also be steamed at once.
9. Salted eggs are ready to be served.